It’s another Fabulous Friday at Becoming You!
This is the last in the series of…
Tips for Better Work-Life Balance
Beat burnout by discovering ways to devote more time to the activities and people that matter most to you.
By Jen Uscher WebMD Feature Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD
If you’re feeling overworked and finding it more challenging than ever to juggle the demands of your job and the rest of your life, you’re not alone.
“A lot of people are having a more difficult time finding balance in their lives because there have been cutbacks or layoffs where they work. They’re afraid it may happen to them, so they’re putting in more hours,” says psychologist Robert Brooks, PhD, co-author of The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life
“But even if you don’t have much control over the hours you have to work, you can ask yourself: In what other ways am I bringing greater enjoyment into my life?” Brooks says. “Focus your time and attention on things you can control.”
Here is #5 of five ways to bring a little more balance to your daily routine:
5. Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way.
Don’t get overwhelmed by assuming that you need to make big changes to bring more balance to your life. Brooks recommends setting realistic goals, like trying to leave the office earlier one night per week.
“Slowly build more activities into your schedule that are important to you,” he says. “Maybe you can start by spending an hour a week on your hobby of carpentry or planning a weekend getaway with your spouse once a year,” he says.
Stack points out that even during a hectic day, you can take 10 or 15 minutes to do something that will recharge your batteries. “Take a bath, read a trashy novel, go for a walk, or listen to music,” she suggests. “You have to make a little time for the things that ignite your joy.”
Sale? We are having a sale!!!
All Pureology, Surface, Malibu, Agave and Bosley products are
while supplies last!!!
FABULOUS SALON News:
- Tammie now has “Loyalty Cards” for you. Next time you are in, ask for one. Once the card is punched for 4 visits, you will get something free on your 5th visit.
- If you are a current client of Tammie’s and refer a new client to her, than you AND your referral will receive $5.00 off your next visit!
- Tammie is expanding Becoming You Salon. She is currently looking for 2 hair stylists and a nail tech. If you know someone that is looking, please let them know.
FABULOUS FRIDAY News:
- If you would like to follow this blog but don’t use Facebook (where it is shared to all our friends on Facebook), you can now sign up to have this Fabulous Friday blog delivered right to your email. Just go to www.BecomingYou.me and enter your email address where it says “Follow this blog.” Don’t worry… your email address is safe with us!
- We are now the proud owner of only ONE Becoming You FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/BecomingYouWithTammie. Please take a moment to look and “LIKE” us if you haven’t yet. We are going to have a question each month (hopefully!?!) on our FB page but I will always have the question here to answer on the blog if you don’t have a FB acct. This month’s question is: What has been your most memorable experience with Tammie? Let’s make this a PG13 answer, OK?
- If you’ve missed any of our Fabulous Friday blogs, you can see them all here.
FABULOUS RECIPES to try:
Warming Squash Soup
Serves: 2 Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients:1 large butternut squash 1 brown onion Approx 1 1/2 cups of water 1 spoon of yeast-free vegetable bouillon 1 can of coconut milk Sprinkle of nutmeg Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Instructions:
Bring the water and stock to the boil.
While this is heating, chop the squash into small chunks, removing the skin and the seeds (keep the seeds for roasting if you like – they’re delicious!)
Slice the onion and then add all of the ingredients to the boiling stock.
Lower the heat and simmer until all ingredients are soft and then blend smooth.
Serve with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg and a smile
FABULOUS New Do’s
Do you have an idea for an upcoming series on Fabulous Fridays, an inspiration we can share or other information you would like to see on our website? Email us at email@example.com.
We care about the WHOLE you, so here is…
Our little corner of inspiration:
Please take a minute to comment on our Fabulous Friday post… we would love to hear from you! Check out our website at www.BecomingYou.me. We are adding new info and photos every week.
Have a great weekend and we’ll talk next Friday!