It’s always a Fabulous Friday at Becoming You…
and a Sensational Saturday, a Tremendous Tuesday,
a Wonderful Wednesday, a Thankful Thursday
FABULOUS FRIDAY News You Can Use
10 Things To Get Rid Of If You Want To Be Happy
What would you throw away right now if you were given a magical trashcan where you could get ride of all the stuff that’s causing you stress?During times of stress and heaviness, what we need is to let go of the things that are causing the overwhelming feeling of, “it’s too much.”
It’s not about taking on more — it’s about being willing to do less.
So if you could toss out 10 things in your life right now, what would they be?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and have been for a long time, here are 10 ways to change your thinking to lighten the stressful load you’ve been carrying and finally give yourself a break:
1. Get rid of the need to please.
2. Stop feeling like you need to explain yourself.
3. Don’t feel the need to reply immediately to everything (hello, to emails taking over your life!).
4. Let yourself be unavailable when you need to be. It’s OK to say “no” to that event or party.
5. Cast away the thought that you need X to be successful. Why is it we often feel that ONE thing has the power to make or break us? It’s simply not true. There’s always another opportunity.
6. Get rid of the desire to show yourself off. You are enough as you are. There are people that will see you for who you are without having to prove anything.
7. Stop trying to be accepted by everyone. Not everyone is going to accept you and that’s OK. Our job is to accept that.
8. Remember that you don’t need to know every detail. There’s a mystery to the way life works. You might as well embrace it.
9. Toss out the need to be “good” or “perfect.” It’s OK to mess up. It’s OK for someone to see you become a little crazy. It happens to all of us.
10. Stop holding onto the stress of feeling you are responsible to hold up everyone around you. Trust that there is a greater force helping them. Helping and supporting others is wonderful. But the moment it causes stress is a signal to let go. Trust that they will be supported just as you are supported by a greater life-force.
Tossing out the heaviness and the stress that weighs us down is the easiest way to feel light and free again. In lightness and freedom comes a sense of openness, expansiveness, and newfound energy.
And it is with this awakened energy that we can actually do better work and end up helping more people.
When we feel good, we can create a greater impact. So take some time today and make a list of five to 10 things that YOU want to let go of.
Write them down and start tossing them out one at a time. Then, in the comments below, share with us what you plan to let go of!
Breathe into the lightness, freedom, and awakened energy that you’ll receive when you clear out the clutter in your life. You deserve it.
FABULOUS FRIDAY SALON News
Check out our current specials at www.BecomingYou.me
A NEW “Life is…” discussion is available here. It’s all about Kindness.
We have Gift Certificates – the perfect birthday/anniversary/graduation gift
Tammie is expanding Becoming You Salon. She is currently seeking 2 hair stylists. If you know someone that is looking, please let them know. P.S. This is a GREAT place to work!!
We are sooooo close to 100 likes on Facebook… we only need 7 more! If you or someone you know hasn’t had the chance to visit and LIKE our Facebook page please help us get to our goal. http://www.facebook.com/BecomingYouWithTammie
FABULOUS FRIDAY Recipe
Summertime means long days in the sun, sweat trickling down your spine as you heat up, and cold drinks and dips in the water to cool you back down. It also means tons of fresh, juicy produce to replenish and rehydrate you after those long, not-so-lazy days of summer. And nothing says summer like a big juicy watermelon.
Watermelon, pineapple, and coconut water are all superior hydrators, and the coconut water contains electrolytes to rebalance your system. Add these three together and you have the perfect drink for all your summer needs!
A Pineapple-Watermelon Smoothie That’s Perfect For Summer
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut water (as needed to thin out)
Add all ingredients to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Sip, smile, and repeat all summer long.
FABULOUS FRIDAY WebSite
The Little Style File debuted in 2011 as the premier website focusing on children’s fashion and family style. Created by Chicago-Area moms Betsy Breuer and Kristin Cheuvront, The Little Style File offers Styling Services for the entire family, features the real style of children and moms, personal shopping, product reviews, giveaways and highlights the latest trends for families. This is no ordinary kids fashion blog, The Little Style File is dedicated to everything stylish for the entire family!
FABULOUS FRIDAY Inspiration
FABULOUS FRIDAY News
- If you would like to follow this blog but don’t use Facebook (where it is shared to all our friends on Facebook), you can now sign up to have this Fabulous Friday blog delivered right to your email. Just go to www.BecomingYou.me and enter your email address where it says “Follow this blog.” Don’t worry… your email address is safe with us!
- We are now the proud owner of a Becoming You FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/BecomingYouWithTammie. Please take a moment to look and “LIKE” us if you haven’t yet.
- If you’ve missed any of our Fabulous Friday blogs, you can see them all here.
- Did you see all the great reviews about Tammie and Becoming You on Yelp? You didn’t? Then click here!!
Do you PINTEREST? Doesn’t everyone these days?
Please take a minute to comment on our Fabulous Friday post… we would love to hear from you! Check out our website at www.BecomingYou.me. We are adding new info and photos every week.
Have a great weekend and we’ll talk next Friday!