It’s always a Fabulous Friday at Becoming You!
FABULOUS FRIDAY News You Can Use
4 Tips To Find Calm When Life Is Chaotic
How do we live in a state of calm and consistency when there is so much chaos and inconsistency in life?
One word: transcendence.
What is transcendence? It’s the process of piercing that surface layer of relativity in meditation, and diving beyond the randomness of life. There exists deeper layers of awareness for us to dive into that take us beyond the realm of subject and object relativity.
This place is called Pure Consciousness. This is a field of being awake and aware yet not in the future or the past, the black or the white, the good or the bad. It’s a place of stillness, of silence, of non-change. Each day, when you sit in meditation you’re connecting to that deeper level of life. It’s like a deeper layer of the ocean that’s still as opposed to the surface level that’s constantly changing.
Over time, through regular contact with this deeper layer, it becomes part of our waking state. Whilst one is in amongst all the chaos and randomness of life on the surface, they simultaneously experience a non-changing bliss at a deeper level.
So amid chaos, there is a silent observer that moves through it all with a mild fascination, unperturbed, unflustered and in blissful awareness.
Take me to pure consciousness I hear you say!
Below are 4 ways to start you on a journey towards to pure consciousness;
1. Look for some gratitude amid the chaos.
if it is hard to see right away, search deeper. There is always something to feel thankful for. It might not be immediately obvious when in a disaster or confronted with chaos, but it will be there. Shifting your focus from negative to positive can be what you need to find some peace with the situation you’re in. Be thankful that you and your family are safe, be thankful that you have health and life.
2. Be compassionate
Flight cancellations, traffic jams, disasters, etc can often spark panic, anger, disappointment or frustration. Remember to be kind, especially because often those around you are in the same boat as you. We can scream and shout and influence each other to react as we are, or we can offer our help and support to each other. Small acts of kindness can create a wave of love and compassion. Search for ways to assist those around you who need help or support.
3. Be creative. If your plan has not gone to plan, what can you do instead?
How can you make the best of the situation you’re in? Can you look for fun or a creative way to cheer up those around you and end up having good time together? Remember: each day we make new memories. If this moment feels like it might be a hard memory to look back on, think of a way to change it. Make those around you smile and laugh and find some light in this situation.
4. Be still. Often when things become chaotic in life our minds can join the chaos!
We can start thinking of the future, what and how and when and forget the now. Anxiety and panic rise from worry and overthinking about what might happen. What WILL happen is going to happen regardless. Practice returning your attention to the now. Can you sit in meditation and stillness with your family or friends?
Find ways to be present together, accepting that what has happened may not make sense right now, but soon you’ll understand why this experience was meant to be had by you and those around you as a life teaching of some kind.
The above tips will start you on your journey to becoming present to life. The state of pure consciousness is calling your name.
FABULOUS SALON News
Check out our current specials at www.BecomingYou.me
- We have Gift Certificates – the perfect birthday/anniversary gift
- Tammie is expanding Becoming You Salon. She is currently seeking 2 hair stylists. If you know someone that is looking, please let them know. P.S. This is a GREAT place to work!!
FABULOUS FRIDAY Inspiration
FABULOUS FRIDAY News
- If you would like to follow this blog but don’t use Facebook (where it is shared to all our friends on Facebook), you can now sign up to have this Fabulous Friday blog delivered right to your email. Just go to www.BecomingYou.me and enter your email address where it says “Follow this blog.” Don’t worry… your email address is safe with us!
- We are now the proud owner of a Becoming You FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/BecomingYouWithTammie. Please take a moment to look and “LIKE” us if you haven’t yet.
- If you’ve missed any of our Fabulous Friday blogs, you can see them all here.
- Did you see all the great reviews about Tammie and Becoming You on Yelp? You didn’t? Then click here!!
Do you PINTEREST? Doesn’t everyone these days?
Please take a minute to comment on our Fabulous Friday post… we would love to hear from you! Check out our website at www.BecomingYou.me. We are adding new info and photos every week.
Have a great weekend and we’ll talk next Friday!