It’s always a Fabulous Friday at Becoming You!!
For the next few weeks we are talking about…
Tips for Better Work-Life Balance
Beat burnout by discovering ways to devote more time to the activities and people that matter most to you.
By Jen Uscher WebMD Feature Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD
If you’re feeling overworked and finding it more challenging than ever to juggle the demands of your job and the rest of your life, you’re not alone.
“A lot of people are having a more difficult time finding balance in their lives because there have been cutbacks or layoffs where they work. They’re afraid it may happen to them, so they’re putting in more hours,” says psychologist Robert Brooks, PhD, co-author of The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life
“But even if you don’t have much control over the hours you have to work, you can ask yourself: In what other ways am I bringing greater enjoyment into my life?” Brooks says. “Focus your time and attention on things you can control.”
Here is #3 of five ways to bring a little more balance to your daily routine:
3. Rethink your errands.
Consider whether you can outsource any of your time-consuming household chores or errands.
Could you order your groceries online and have them delivered? Hire a kid down the street to mow your lawn? Have your dry cleaning picked up and dropped off at your home or office? Order your stamps online so you don’t have to go to the post office? Even if you’re on a tight budget, you may discover that the time you’ll save will make it worth it.
Stack also suggests trading services with friends. Offer to do tasks that you enjoy or that you were planning to do anyway.
“You could exchange gardening services for babysitting services,” Stack says. “If you like to cook, you could prepare and freeze a couple of meals and give them to a friend in exchange for wrapping your holiday gifts.
Next week we will have tip #4 for Better Work-Life Balance.
I’m Back!! and I have been neatly groomed for the New Year!
WHAT?? You haven’t?? REALLY??
No new style… no new color… not even a trim?!
You need a new look for the new year… call Tammie NOW!
FABULOUS SALON News:
**** BREAKING NEWS ****
We are celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the opening of Becoming You Salon!!!
Tammie is offering $10 off any service to anyone who has not been to the new Salon yet!! Just mention that you saw it in the blog or on the website, make your appointment by January 31, 2013 and that’s it!
(From Valerie: Once you have your hair done by Tammie, you will want to come back again and again and again! When you become one of Tammie’s clients… we have Loyalty Cards and a referral special too. Help us celebrate by visiting us for the first time, seeing Tammie again or meeting her for the first time and saving $10. It’s a great opportunity!!)
- Tammie now has “Loyalty Cards” for you. Next time you are in, ask for one. Once the card is punched for 4 visits, you will get something free on your 5th visit.
- If you are a current client of Tammie’s and refer a new client to her, than you AND your referral will receive $5.00 off your next visit!
- Tammie is expanding Becoming You Salon. She is currently looking for 2 hair stylists and a nail tech. If you know someone that is looking, please let them know.
FABULOUS FRIDAY News:
- If you would like to follow this blog but don’t use Facebook (where it is shared to all our friends on Facebook), you can now sign up to have this Fabulous Friday blog delivered right to your email. Just go to www.becomingyou.me and enter your email address where it says “Follow this blog”. Don’t worry… your email address is safe with us!
- We’ve got recipes… keep scrolling down!
- If you’ve missed any of our Fabulous Friday blogs, you can see them all here.
FABULOUS RECIPES to try:
Warming Squash Soup
It’s not raw but it is nutrient dense, filling and smoothing.
Serves: 2 Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
1 large butternut squash
1 brown onion
1 spoon of yeast-free vegetable bouillon
1 can of coconut milk
Sprinkle of nutmeg Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
1. Bring the water and stock to the boil.
2. While this is heating, chop the squash into small chunks, removing the skin and the seeds (keep the seeds for roasting if you like – they’re delicious!)
3. Slice the onion and then add all of the ingredients to the boiling stock.
4, Lower the heat and simmer until all ingredients are soft and then blend smooth.
Serve with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg and a smile.
FABULOUS WEBSITES to check out:
Do you have an idea for an upcoming series on Fabulous Fridays, an inspiration we can share or other information you would like to see on our website? Email us at email@example.com.
Do you PINTEREST? Doesn’t everyone these days? Follow Valerie’s at www.pinterest.com/vjwebb59/ and follow Tammie’s at www.pinterest.com/tlc2763/.
We care about the WHOLE you, so here is…
Our little corner of inspiration:
Please take a minute to comment on our Fabulous Friday post… we would love to hear from you! Check out our website at www.BecomingYou.me. We are adding new info and photos every week.
Have a great weekend and we’ll talk next Friday!