It’s always a Fabulous Friday at Becoming You!
FABULOUS FRIDAY Info You Can Use
Get Gorgeous, Naturally! 5 Ways To Detoxify Your Skin Care Routine
- Kiwis are a a great source of vitamin C, which helps keep your hair shiny and beautiful. It also helps protect your skin from sun damage.
- Avocado is full of vitamins A, E and B and biotin. Avocados help your skin stay hydrated and your nails and hair stay strong and vibrant. They are a good source of zinc, which cleanses and detoxifies your body.
- Cucumbers have silicon which fights wrinkles and helps skin elasticity.
- Eggs are high in protein, which helps build strong healthy hair. They also have vitamin E, which hydrates and strengthens your skin.
- Greens like spinach, kale, romaine, swiss chard and collards are also great sources of essential vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin C and E, which are antioxidants and help protect the skin from aging and sun damage. Their deep color comes from “carotenoids,” which have been shown to enhance our natural glow.
- Tomatoes are high in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps prevent free radicals and oxidative damage to your skin (and internal organs as well!) Tomatoes also contain silicon, which helps keep skin elastic.
- Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids. These create strong skin cells that are more resistant to sun damage and better at keeping out environmental toxins. It also has astaxanthin, a carotenoid that improves skin elasticity and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Raw chocolate contains flavanols, which improve the skin’s appearance and skin texture and increases blood flow. It’s also high in zinc, which prevents, acne, aging and skin damage such as wrinkles.
- Green Tea & Rooibos Tea: Green tea is an excellent source of polyphenols, which are potent antioxidants. Rooibos tea is also high in antioxidants, but has no caffeine which can be dehydrating.
- Water: Speaking of hydration … water improves skin complexion. It moisturizes the skin and keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. It also helps reduce wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
FABULOUS SALON News
Need an elegant up-do for a special night out, a wedding, or something else? Call Penni at (708) 217-4222.
- Don’t forget… You can get a mani/pedi AND your hair done all in one place! Cherrie has joined us and will be working on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! She has over 20 years of experience and offers manicures, no-chip manicures, spa pedicures and nail polish changes. You can make an appointment with her by calling the salon at (708) 672- 4586
¶ We have Gift Certificates – the perfect birthday/anniversary gift ¶
¶ Rental space available – 483 square feet includes separate office space ¶
- If you are a current client of Tammie’s and refer a new client to her, than you AND your referral will receive $5.00 off your next visit!
- Tammie is expanding Becoming You Salon. She is currently seeking a hair stylist and a nail tech. If you know someone that is looking, please let them know. P.S. This is a GREAT place to work!!
FABULOUS FRIDAY Recipe
Almond Broccoli Salad
Servings: 8-10 servings Prep Time: 10 min Difficulty: Easy
In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture, tossing gently to coat. Stir in almonds just before serving.
FABULOUS FRIDAY Inspiration
FABULOUS FRIDAY News
- If you would like to follow this blog but don’t use Facebook (where it is shared to all our friends on Facebook), you can now sign up to have this Fabulous Friday blog delivered right to your email. Just go to www.BecomingYou.me and enter your email address where it says “Follow this blog.” Don’t worry… your email address is safe with us!
- We are now the proud owner of a Becoming You FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/BecomingYouWithTammie. Please take a moment to look and “LIKE” us if you haven’t yet.
- If you’ve missed any of our Fabulous Friday blogs, you can see them all here.
- Did you see all the great reviews about Tammie and Becoming You on Yelp? You didn’t? Then click here!!
Please take a minute to comment on our Fabulous Friday post… we would love to hear from you! Check out our website at www.BecomingYou.me. We are adding new info and photos every week.
Have a great weekend and we’ll talk next Friday!